Here’s some info about my process and what interests me:
- I currently write the monthly adult fiction round-up for Bustle. So I’m always looking for great fiction new releases for the approaching months.
- Diversity is one of my top priorities when I’m building a list. I’m always looking to discover more women authors, authors of color, LGBTQ + voices, disabled voices, and international authors.
- I read/love most fiction genres. I am especially a fan of genre-bending fiction and magical realism.For non-fiction, I tend to prefer essay collections and memoirs.
- I like books that do something new. I love characters who have attitude and plots that keep my pages turning.
- My favorite books include: Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Bad Feminist by Roxane Gay, Bright Lines by Tanwi Nandini Islam, the Saga series by Brian K. Vaughn …and well, a lot more.
- I cannot add a title to an article once it’s already published. I get a lot of e-mails about this, so sorry if your title didn’t make it on there.
- Please note that truckloads of books are sent to me every month, so I cannot cover or reply to everything. I’m doing my best!
Thanks so much! Hope to hear from you soon.